Zero Congressional hearings amid their total shit show. Hard to believe.
The good thing is there is no statue of limitations for war crimes.
In the spirit of MIT, there are some feats of art and engineering installed in their T stop at Kendall square, including this groovy contraption.
DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN
- a character who is physically strong
- a character who is mentally strong
- a character who is emotionally strong
- a character who makes her own choices, even if they’re mistakes
- a character whose point of view is explored at least briefly
- a character who is the hero of her own story whether she knows it or not
And that’s just a strong character, really.
Most minorities, however, who regularly encounter difficulties due to race, experience colorblind ideologies quite differently. Colorblindness creates a society that denies their negative racial experiences, rejects their cultural heritage, and invalidates their unique perspectives."
— Monica Williams, Ph.D for Psychology Today, “Colorblind Ideology is a Form of Racism (via willworkforwords)
Are these things more important than edits to talking points? Judge for yourself.
1. Carbon pollution reaches historic highs, threatening human existence
2. The devastating impact of sequestration on kids, cancer patients and first responders.
3. Massive cuts to food stamps for the most vulnerable.
4. 1,100 workers die in a Bangladesh factory collapse, and American retailers continue business as usual.
5. 4,150 gun deaths from gun violence since Newtown.
The media is missing the point.
A German settlement known throughout the State for its chicken dinners, served harvester style, and its Frankenmuth beer. It was settled in 1845 by a group of Franconians from Bavaria and, later, by refugees from the unsuccessful German revolution of 1848.
The neat village, spread out for some distance, has retained its German flavor; most of the inhabitants are descendants of the original settlers and speak the German language.
—Michigan: A Guide to the Wolverine State (WPA,1941)
1. Maypole 2-4. Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn 5. The Fischer Opera Haus 6. Schnitzelbank Shop 7. Bavarian Festival 8. Bodenbender’s Apfel Haus 9. Bronner’s 10. The Edelweiss Trio
* * *
I have a curious desire to visit Frankenmuth.
Earlier today, CBS News reported that at least two of the Benghazi e-mails that were leaked by Republicans last Friday were altered . The GOP leak of the altered Benghazi e-mails came five days …
For those of you who criticize Janelle’s signature monochromatic look.
From her speech on “Black Girls Rock”:
“When I started my music career, I was a maid. I used to clean houses. My mother was a proud janitor. My stepfather, who raised me like his very own, worked at the post office and my father was a trashman. They all wore uniforms and that’s why I stand here today, in my black and white, and I wear my uniform to honor them.
This is a reminder that I have work to do. I have people to uplift. I have people to inspire. And today, I wear my uniform proudly as a Cover Girl. I want to be clear, young girls, I didn’t have to change who I was to become a Cover Girl. I didn’t have to become perfect because I’ve learned throughout my journey that perfection is the enemy of greatness.
Embrace what makes you unique, even if it makes others uncomfortable.” - Janelle Monáe
i love u
Dude, I freakin’ LOVE her style, so haters need to back off.
Bunch of groups with bunch of members who support racial profiling get profiled in a different way and are outraged.
You know that, and they weren’t profiled anymore than liberal groups
What if this IRS scandal actually is being handled poorly like Shirley Sherrod’s situation? Like maybe the IRS was actually right to scrutinize groups seeking tax-exempt status and Obama just won’t stand behind the agency ‘cause he’s averse to controversy?
Found out one of my friends in our group is a fan of Nine. Excuse me while I sit shocked in the corner.
All I ever fucking see is Ten and Eleven on...
I was born in Alaska.
I think I will move back if Virginia elects Ken Cuccinelli as governor.
35 Statistics About The Working Poor In America That Will Blow Your Mind
by Michael Snyder
In America tonight, tens of...